Directions to Protect and Preserve Life
Your “refusal” for organ donation must be documented!
Upon registering at the DMV your verbal decline, stating “no” when asked whether or not you wish to be an organ donor, is not honored. According to the language of the law, Revised Anatomical Gift Act (2006), you must “opt-out,” documenting your “refusal” in writing using “explicit language,” otherwise, it is “presumed” that you intend to be an organ donor and you have consented to every test and treatment to keep organs healthy to be utilized for the purpose of “organ transplantation, education and research.”
Thus, you must document your decision of “refusal” for organ donation by:
1) Carrying with you a signed and witnessed Medical Card with Directions to Protect and Preserve Life,
2) You must sign, have 2 witnesses and have Notarized Directions to Protect and Preserve Life in the event that you cannot speak for yourself; and
3) Make known to your family, loved ones and friends that you wish to have your life protected and preserved and you do not wish to be an organ donor. It is a matter of life and death!
1. DIRECTIONS TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE LIFE FOR POWER OF ATTORNEY FOR HEALTH CARE
2. DIRECTIONS TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE LIFE FOR DEPENDENT PERSON WHO IS A MINOR OR MENTALLY INCAPACITATED PERSON
3. DIRECTIONS TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE LIFE; TO PROTECT AND PRESERVE THE LIFE OF EVERYONE [OPT-OUT CARD]